Health and Wellbeing
During this difficult time, managing the wellbeing of your employees, especially if they are self-isolating, is extremely important. Peritus Health Management can offer your employees support through wellbeing chats with our Health and Wellbeing Advisor, Victoria Field, giving them someone to talk about any concerns they have, as well as offering advice around staying healthy when working from home.
“The workplace has a significant impact on people’s health and wellbeing. Poor management of workplace health can lead to work-related ill health and to high levels of sickness absence. This gives real cause for concern, not least because of the costs involved, the impact on service delivery and the consequences for individual staff. Sickness absence is a key business issue, and it is a key indicator of how well an organisation is managed”
What is Health and Wellbeing?
Health refers to both a person’s physical (body) and mental (mind) fitness. Wellbeing is how people feel and function on an individual and social level. It covers the way they feel about their lives, including their jobs, and their relationships with the people around them.
Why should employers take steps to support the Health and Wellbeing of their staff?
A healthy workforce can have an immensely positive impact on an organisation. Healthy staff are more likely to:
- Perform their role and responsibilities effectively
- Take fewer sick days
- Provide commitment and creativity
- Be willing to ‘go that extra mile’ when required
- Want to stay longer with the organisation
- Build good relationships with colleagues and customers
Peritus Health Management works with employers to protect and promote the health and wellbeing of their most important resource, their staff, creating a healthier workplace and workforce. It also protects and enhances the image of the business and its reputation as a good employer.
Peritus Health Management provides bespoke health and wellbeing strategies to meet customer’s objectives, which are tailored for all staff members. From email and poster campaigns to in-house initiatives and health and wellbeing days, we can provide a variety of options to meet your needs and budget.
What to expect
An initial consultation
- Our Health and Wellbeing Advisor will contact you to discuss your needs, understand your workplace and design a programme to meet your objectives
- Develop a health and wellbeing programme and all associated resources prior to the agreed act
Design of Programme
- Leaflets, emails and poster campaigns
- Facilitating small or large group activities
- Leading small or large group initiatives
- One to one health screening
- Champion training
Our Health and Wellbeing activities have included
- Body balance and ergonomics training session with 130 drains workers as part of their ‘Away Day’
- Walk for wellbeing for an engineering company with a footstep’s competition and prizes
- Breast self-examination talks for a business following the diagnosis of 2 staff members with breast cancer
- Testicular self-examination talks with ‘check for yourself’ models
- Drink aware campaigns with ‘beer goggles’ activities and a ‘pub quiz’ on alcohol and drug related facts
- Mental wellbeing awareness training for managers and employees
- Musculoskeletal health and exercise for microscope users
- ‘Know your numbers’ supporting the British Heart Foundation with blood pressure testing
- Smoking cessation group support
- HSE stress risk assessments and strategies
- Poster and email campaigns supporting Healthy Eating, Mens Health, Exercise and Wellbeing, Cancer Awareness, Mates in Mind, Diabetes Prevention, Sleep Hygiene, Dry January, Mindfulness, National No Smoking Day, Love your Liver, Safe Winter Driving, and much more…
Want To Find Out More?
For more information about our Health and Wellbeing services, contact us.
Published date: 25th October 2019
Last revision: 27th March 2020