Health and Wellbeing
Peritus Health Management works with employers to protect and promote the health and wellbeing of their most important resource, their staff, creating a healthier workplace and workforce. It also protects and enhances the image of the business and its reputation as a good employer.
From email and poster campaigns to in-house initiatives and health and well-being days, we can provide a variety of options to meet your needs and budget. We provide bespoke health and wellbeing strategies to meet your objectives, and these are tailored for all staff members.
Why you need it
Health refers to both a person’s physical (body) and mental (mind) fitness. Wellbeing is how people feel and function on an individual and social level. It covers the way they feel about their lives, including their jobs, and their relationships with the people around them.
Having a healthy workforce can have an immensely positive impact on your organisation! Healthy staff are more likely to:
- Perform their role and responsibilities effectively
- Take fewer sick days
- Provide commitment and creativity
- Be willing to ‘go that extra mile’ when required
- Want to stay longer with the organisation
- Build good relationships with colleagues and customers
What to expect
- Initial Consultation: Our Health and Wellbeing Advisor will contact you to discuss your needs, understand your workplace and design a programme to meet your objectives
- Your programme will include:
- Leaflets, emails, and poster campaigns
- Facilitating small or large group activities
- Leading small or large group initiatives
- One to one health screening
- Champion training
- Examples of previous Programmes:
- Body balance and ergonomics training session with 130 drains workers as part of their ‘Away Day’
- Walk for wellbeing for an engineering company with a footstep’s competition and prizes
- Breast self-examination talks for a business following the diagnosis of 2 staff members with breast cancer
- Testicular self-examination talks with ‘check for yourself’ models
- Drink aware campaigns with ‘beer goggles’ activities and a ‘pub quiz’ on alcohol and drug related facts
- Mental wellbeing awareness training for managers and employees
- Musculoskeletal health and exercise for microscope users
- ‘Know your numbers’ supporting the British Heart Foundation with blood pressure testing
- Smoking cessation group support
- HSE stress risk assessments and strategies
- Poster and email campaigns supporting Healthy Eating, Mens Health, Exercise and Wellbeing, Cancer Awareness, Mates in Mind, Diabetes Prevention, Sleep Hygiene, Dry January, Mindfulness, National No Smoking Day, Love your Liver, Safe Winter Driving, and much more…
Want To Find Out More?
For more information about our Health and Wellbeing services, contact us.
Published date: 25th October 2019
Last revision: 29th July 2020